Get thick and creamy pudding thanks to Carolina® White Rice, which not only releases starches, but also absorbs all those rich flavors. With the help of a Thermomix®, this tasty treat is easier than ever!
Place rice, milk, sweetened condensed milk, lemon zest, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg in TM® mixing bowl and heat at 20 minutes/100°C/speed 1.
Divide evenly among serving glasses. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon; garnish with cinnamon sticks.
Top with berries and nuts, or sprinkle with brown sugar, if desired.
You aren’t out of luck if you´re out of sweetened condensed milk. There are a couple of kitchen staples you can use instead.
– Evaporated Milk: As they are both reductions, you can sub in evaporated milk for a similar texture with additional sugar to compensate for the lack of sweetness.
– Cream of Coconut: With a similar texture and sweetness, this substitute is a simple solution. Plus, it adds a bit of coconut flavor without adding any dairy.
– Coconut Milk: If you have a can of coconut milk, a quarter cup of sugar, and a half-hour, you can still enjoy the velvety texture of rice pudding. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce over low heat, constantly whisking.
– Milk: Likewise, if you have plenty of milk on hand, you can make a reduction and create that creamy texture. Because it’s not naturally sweet like the coconut options, use a 1:2 cup ratio of milk to sugar.
Though there’s nothing wrong with the old-fashioned route, the Thermomix® has simplified how to make the perfect rice pudding. Now that you know how to whip up this classic dessert with your handy Theromix, get creative with your favorite flavors:
– This sweet treat is anything but basic – Pumpkin Spice Latte Rice Pudding is a perfect cozy dessert to enjoy when the temperature drops!
– This creamy Chocolate Rice Pudding is a chocolate lover’s dream!
– Get your caffeine fix with a generous helping of Coffee Mousse Rice Pudding.